Inclement Weather Policy
Classes will be cancelled whenever adverse weather conditions are predicted that would make travel hazardous. As a general rule, since it may be difficult to notify students beforehand in a timely manner, the Institute will adhere to the following:
Weekdays: We follow the Fairfax County Public School’s schedule of school closings for inclement weather.
Weekends: We follow the policy used by Fairfax County Government for classes conducted at both County RECenters and Headquarters.
The Institute may remain open for informal practice from time to time. However, it is always a good idea to err on the side of caution, call ahead, and assess your driving route for safety.
Holiday Schedule for 2019 – We are closed on all Federal Holidays as well as the following dates
- December 30-January 1 – Monday/Tuesday, New Year’s holiday 2019
- January 21 – Monday, Martin Luther King Day
- February 5 – Tuesday, Chinese (Lunar) New Year
- February 18 – Monday, President’s Day
- April 21 – Sunday, Easter
- May 12 – Sunday, Mother’s Day
- May 25-27 – Saturday-Monday, Memorial Day
- June 16 – Sunday, Father’s Day
- July 4 – Thursday, Independence Day
- August 31-September 2 – Saturday-Monday, Labor Day
- October 14 – Monday, Columbus Day
- November 11 – Monday, Veteran’s Day
- November 28-30 – Thursday-Sunday, Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 25 – Wednesday, Christmas Holiday
- December 31-January 1 – Tuesday-Wednesday, New Year’s holiday 2020
Although the Institute may remain open for informal practice, regularly scheduled classes will be cancelled at our Headquarters as well as all satellite locations for all federal holidays.